Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Ultimate Comfort Foodie


Food!

I can be extra happy when it come to foods. My biggest ultimate comfort food since my childhood is Laksa Utara. From Penang/Kedah/Perlis/Perak, seriously I can resist!  Laksa is a very forgiving soup in that sense. It was appetisingly awesome & delightful. The taste is really that good and mouth-watering!

Stop! Stop! I think it so many times i blog about Laksa. Hehehe!

Laksa is a noodle dish in spicy fish based soup broth topped with various shredded vege's like onions, spicy chillis, sweet pineapples, cucumbers and fresh mint leaves.  It gives an extra crunchy to the dish and also it more notable with the addition eggs and lots of petis udang! Nothing gives me a better satisfaction than sardine/mackerel chunks that's floating above the soup.

Speaking of Laksa, my all time favourite Laksa at my hometown Taiping. It can be found at Asam Kumbang, opposite Police Station. It been ages since i had my fav laksa there. I don't really know if the makcik's still run their business or not. I will come back later!

When I first stay in Johore Bahru, I feel depressed because I couldn't find the best taste and rarely find the place that sells Laksa. I keep hunting and finally found it! Just nearest to my working place at Kota Iskandar, Nusajaya. The laksa there was so good and delicious! Also at the food court Tesco Bukit Indah, sells Penang's dishes. It just great thought!

Instead of having Laksa at stalls and hawker place, I love to make by myself to fix my craving! When my first time made these noodles, it wasn't exactly feel the satisfaction. The taste was kureng here and there. My husband was my best personal critic.  I had try few times after that and Alhamdulillah, now I can cooked Laksa for my happy tummy. 



XOXO,

Nadia.

No comments: